The ultrasound gel market refers to the market for gel products used in ultrasound imaging procedures. Ultrasound gel is a special type of gel that is applied to the skin during ultrasound scans to improve the transmission of ultrasound waves and to reduce friction between the transducer and the skin.
The ultrasound gel market is growing due to the increasing demand for ultrasound imaging procedures, especially in the medical and veterinary fields. The growth of the market is also driven by the increasing number of aging populations, the growth of the maternity and gynecology care markets, and the growing demand for non-invasive medical procedures.
There are several major players operating in the global ultrasound gel market, including Parker Laboratories, Inc., Sonogel GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Gel-Pak LLC, among others.
Factors that are expected to drive the growth of the ultrasound gel market in the coming years include the increasing number of medical facilities, the growth of the healthcare sector, and the rising demand for non-invasive diagnostic procedures. However, the high cost of ultrasound gel products and the availability of alternatives are expected to hamper the growth of the market to some extent.
There are several major companies operating in the global biosensor market, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Johnson & Johnson
- Siemens Healthineers
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Danaher Corporation
- Alere (now part of Abbott Laboratories)
- Glucometer (part of Panasonic Healthcare)
These companies offer a range of biosensors for various applications, including medical diagnostics, environmental monitoring, and food safety. They are continuously investing in research and development to expand their product offerings and maintain their competitiveness in the market.
What kind of gel is used for ultrasound?
A water-based conductive gel is typically used for ultrasound. The gel helps to improve the transmission of ultrasonic waves and reduce air pockets between the skin and the transducer.
- To improve the transmission of ultrasonic waves: The gel helps to provide a good coupling between the skin and the ultrasound transducer, ensuring that the ultrasound waves can penetrate the body and produce clear images.
- To reduce air pockets: Air pockets between the skin and the transducer can interfere with the quality of the ultrasound images. The gel helps to fill these air pockets and provide a continuous layer of material for the ultrasound waves to pass through.
In addition to its use in medical ultrasound examinations, ultrasound gel has several other applications, including:
- Physical therapy: The gel is sometimes used as a lubricant during physical therapy to reduce friction and provide a smooth glide for therapeutic instruments.
- Cosmetics: Ultrasound gel is used in some cosmetic products, such as face masks, as a hydrating and moisturizing ingredient.
- Industrial: Ultrasound gel is used in various industrial applications, such as cleaning, degreasing, and ultrasonic bonding of plastics and metals.
- Research: Ultrasound gel is used in scientific and research applications, such as testing the performance of ultrasound transducers and studying the behavior of ultrasound in materials.
- Personal care: Ultrasound gel is sometimes used as a personal lubricant.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.